Things to Bring Camping
We all want to get out doors and enjoy nature….just remember this..
“IF YOU PACK IT IN…..YOU PACK IT OUT!”
Below is a very general list of items you may require….remember there is no one list that will be the end all of lists.
Everyone has different skill levels and wilderness experience…. and be sure to keep within your and your groups skill level.
As you gain more experience with the gear you use.only you can determine what essentials you can or cannot do without.
Even the most experienced adventurist takes some gear with them even on short afternoon outing.
Nothing beats proper training…..GET SOME or at least do a trial run at home or local campsite.
Don’t be scared to ask for advice, assistance from other more experienced campers.
Afterall it is suppose to be fun and a learning experience.
Below is a general lists for beginner campers, More experienced campers can go with less gear as they have the knowledge on making due with less.
- Tent, poles, stakes
- Tent footprint (ground cover for under your tent)
- Extra tarp or canopy
- Sleeping bag for each camper
- Repair kit for pads, mattress, tent, tarp
- Extra blankets
- Headlamps or flashlights (extra batteries)
- LanternLantern fuel or batteries
- Fuel for stove
- Matches or lighter
- Frying pan
- French press or portable coffee maker
- Roasting sticks for marshmallows, hot dogs
- Food-storage containers, bags
- Trash bags
- Water bottles
- Plates, bowls, forks, spoons, knives
- Cups, mugs
- Paring knife, spatula, cooking spoon
- Cutting board
- Biodegradable soap
- Sponge, dishcloth, dishtowel
- Paper towels
- Extra bin for washing dishes
- Clothes for daytime
- Shoes: hiking/walking shoes, easy-on shoes, water shoes
- Extra layers for warmth
- Insect repellant
- First-aid kit
- Prescription medications
- Toothbrush, toiletries
- Campsite reservation confirmation, phone numberMaps, area information
- Bikes, toys
- Pet supplies and food
Now this is what is in my day pack:
- Folding stove
- Steel cup
- Fire steel
- Compass with mirror
- Water bottle/filter
- Small first aid kit
- 50ft paracord
- Emergency blanket
- Assorted small caribiners
- Pocket knife sharpener
- PVC Poncho
Keep checking back for new posts on our ever changing gear list, as our skills grow and we test them with the new knowledge.